When I first started back into college, I was introduced to what was called Canvas. I had no idea what this system was, what it’s purpose was, but I have to say, I am extremely in love with it.
It’s a website for students and instructors to interact more regularly, share files, and so on. Students can:
- Use it as an online storage for their files
- Connect with other students in their class
- Access reading materials outside of their course books as well as any other links, videos, powerpoint presentations, etc which they might want to review
- start discussions/mini chat rooms with other students
- See their grades
- View upcoming assignments that are due
- See assignments they missed
These are just a few of the things I have learned so far.
Since becoming familiar with Canvas, I have realized that other colleges use other similar sites. Some do use Canvas as well, but, like web browsers to email platforms, everyone has their preferences. Here are some other websites which colleges use that are similar to Canvas: